5 tips for first time TEDx attendees going to TEDxRVA
I’ve gone to a few TEDx events before, and wanted to share some tips to help first-timers maximize their enjoyment of TEDxRVA this morning:
- Arrive at the event with no expectations and an open mind. That will minimize your chances of disappointment. Only an empty vessel can be filled.
- Change seats between sessions (I think they’re calling them “Conversations” today). Meet the people on your left and right.
- This is not a social media conference. Being “in that industry”, this was a tricky one for me at my first TEDx. While tweeting, etc. is allowed at TEDxRVA, try shutting your phone off and giving it your full attention.
- Stay hydrated, and optionally caffeinated if that’s your thing.
- Take very brief notes: Speaker name, one or two main points/themes that they made. I’m giving this tip on the assumption that the live stream will be archived into individual talks. At my first TEDx, I furiously took notes, they realized after the event I would have been better served to take minimal notes and go back and watch the recordings of the ones that I needed to see again.
I hope everyone has a great time!
Register for #TILTEDRVA Now
Find out more about #TILTEDRVA and the scheduled presenters — and register to attend! Head to the registration page for all of the details, and keep checking back here for news and updated information.
The full #TILTEDRVA agenda will be published on our Tumblr page early next week!
This is going to be a very fun & interactive event!